As a member of Heenan Blaikie’s condominium group, Jason Rivait’s practice is focused on condominium corporation matters.
Jason has advised condominium corporations, developers and unit owners in a variety of matters, including document drafting and interpretation, enforcement proceedings, shared facilities disputes, the collection of common expenses, attendance at owners’ meetings and all other matters relating to the Condominium Act, 1998.
Jason is a regular contributor to condoreporter.com and other newsletters and magazines related to the condominium industry.
Prior to joining Heenan Blaikie, Jason worked as an associate in the condominium practice group at another major law firm.
- LL.B., University of Windsor, 2008
- M.A. (Sociology), University of Windsor, 2005
- B.A. (Honours), University of Windsor, 2003
- Association of Condominium Managers of Ontario (ACMO)
- Canadian Condominium Institute (CCI)
- Community Associations Institute (CAI)
- Ontario Bar Association
Publications & Conferences
- Questions & Answers - Requests for Records (pages 37-38), Golden Horseshoe Magazine - Canadian Condominium Institute, May, 2013.
- Questions & Answers - Meetings of Owners, CM Magazine - Association of Condominium Managers, September, 2012.
- Presenter, "Battle of the Proxies", Condo Group Seminar, May 9, 2012.
- Questions & Answers - Electric Vehicles in Condominiums (page 19), Green Building and Sustainable Strategies Magazine, April, 2012.