Jean Trudel has expertise in corporate and commercial law and financing law. He is particularly experienced in corporate mergers and acquisitions, at the provincial, national and international levels. Many venture capital corporations retain his services as legal advisor in their business development phase and in their private, venture capital and start-up capital investments.
Mr. Trudel taught Business Law for nearly 10 years at the École du Barreau du Québec, the professional training school of the Québec Bar.
Mr. Trudel chairs the firm’s Conflict of Interest Committee. In addition, he chairs, at the firm, the Québec Bar’s Mandatory Continuing Education Committee and heads the firm’s corporate services for Quebec.
Lastly, he is the firm’s respondent for the Québec Bar and acts as counsel for its members at the firm with respect to ethics, practice management, risk management and accounting matters.
A partner with Heenan Blaikie since 1985, Mr. Trudel is a member of our Business Law group.
- LL.L., Université Laval, 1969
- B.A., Université Laval, 1966
- American Bar Association
- Association of Canadian Venture Capital Companies
- Barreau du Québec
- Canadian Bar Association
- Chambre de commerce de Québec
Publications & Conferences
- Author, “La Loi sur les sociétés par actions du Québec : aspects pratiques”, nota bene, April 2012
- Author, “The New Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act Finally Comes Into Force!”, nota bene, April 2012
- Author, “La nouvelle Loi sur les sociétés par actions (Québec) / The New Business Corporations Act (Quebec)”, January 2011
- Co-Author (with Kadiatou Sow), “Le Québec se dote d’une nouvelle Loi sur les sociétés par actions”, Droit des affaires au Québec, Spring 2010
- Co-Author (with Stavroula Makris), “La Loi canadienne sur les sociétés par actions fait peau neuve”, La fiche juridique, Chambre de commerce du Québec, July 2002
- La Loi canadienne sur les sociétés par actions fait peau neuve, Congrès 2002, Fiscal and Financial Planning Association, p. 34:1-34:32