Anne-Sylvie Vassenaix-Paxton is a partner in the Heenan Blaikie Business Law group in Paris. She represents various businesses and corporate banks in their mergers and acquisitions transactions, domestic and international joint ventures, as well as in their investment activities.
Anne-Sylvie has long-standing experience advising companies, SMEs, SMIs and large corporations at every stage of their development, in France and abroad, including: equity participation, transfer of an undertaking, creation of business partnerships, real estate acquisitions, creation or shutdown of French and foreign companies, company buyout in turnaround or judicial winding-up situations, business restructuring, corporate governance, appointment of an ad hoc agent or a conciliator, and development of reorganization plans, business continuity plans and plans of transfer in connection with collective procedures.
She is particularly active in the energy, industrial and real estate sectors.
In addition, she regularly represents large computer firms and acts in various areas, such as intellectual property law and new technologies law, as well as the protection of personal data.
Lastly, Anne-Sylvie has been involved in many Islamic finance transactions. She is also the co-author, in partnership with DTZ Asset Management, of the Livre Blanc de la Finance Islamique et de l’Immobilier en France, published in June 2010.
- Dip LP, The University of Edinburgh School of Law, 1995
- Diploma in Translation, The Chartered Institute of Linguists, 1995
- Master (Business Law), Université Paris XI - Sceaux, 1994
- Diploma in Translation, Institut Supérieur d'Interprétation et de Traduction, 1994
- LL.B., The University of Edinburgh School of Law, 1994
- Barreau de Paris
- Franco-British Lawyers Society Limited
- The Law Society of Scotland
- Union Internationale des Avocats